What We're (Most) Thankful For This Year
Posted on 22 November 2017
We know people hate on the social media set that overuse #Blessed, but we can’t help but feel that way—not just this week or month, now that the holiday season is upon us. We truly count our blessings each and every day. From loyal customers that help fuel our dreams to our amazing #PRIMtribe, we are filled with love and gratitude that we get to do what we love every day. So bear with us as we count down what we’re most thankful for this year.
- For our girlfriends. Our PRIM tribe is stronger than ever. If you’ve been following along on Instagram, you’ve probably caught glimpses of #PRIMintheCity, our latest photo shoot. While this city is the next chapter of our year-long travel diary, exploring all different backdrops, we were also inspired by friendships (hence all the gushy-girlfriend, Sex and the City quotes. From #PRIMfest to #SeasTheDay to #PRIMintheCity, we couldn’t have made it through this year without having each other’s backs.
- For our homeland. And speaking of our travel diary, you may have noticed we didn’t venture too far for fall. That’s because we’re so blessed to have one of the greatest cities in the world, San Francisco, in our backyard. We often take for granted how fortunate we are to have such diverse, breath-taking natural landscapes in our home state; this season was about paying homage to our beloved region.
- For our safety. In fact, just a little north of the city by the bay is our beloved wine country. We were devastated to learn about the wildfires in Napa and Sonoma last month. The disasters truly hit too close to home. With heavy hearts, we grew even closer to our community by coming together to donate apparel and everyday essentials to those who lost everything. This tragedy made us even more appreciative of our homes, health and safety, as well as our community as a whole. Thank you again to all who contributed.
- For our family. There are some family members we had to say goodbye to, such as my beloved, furry-baby Bauer, and some we gained—my step-daughter just got engaged! All of it, the hard and happy times, has made me stronger and appreciative of what’s really important. I started this year with the intention of spending more time with my husband. While things didn’t always go as expected (when do they ever?), we’ve gotten the chance to mix business with pleasure and create beautiful memories I will always cherish.
- For new members of the PRIM family. We are so happy to introduce new brands that uphold our quality standards. Over at PRIM, we are obsessing over New Vintage handbags, which sources vintage Louis Vuitton and puts its own handmade spin on them with unexpected embellishments, including fringe, custom straps and hand-painted accents. Meanwhile, our littles love Big Kiss, Little Kiss, an ethical line of one-of-a-kind, limited-quantity pieces.
- For growth. We’ve also expanded this year by introducing two new categories: Resort (including Swim!) and Activewear. We unveiled them in dreamy Sayulita, Mexico, and we’ve been so encouraged by the response we’ve gotten for all our new collections, including Tiare Hawaii's beach-and-beyond basics; Rebels Footwear’s chic slip-on, summer shoes; Foxiedox’s Spanish-inspired semi-formal pieces; and All Fenix’s fashion-meets-function workout wear.
- For our fitness. As we’ve mentioned before, our motivation to work out doesn’t start weeks before summer to get that “beach body.” No, swimsuit season starts now, and our intention runs much deeper than coveted six pack abs. Fortunately, All Fenix keeps our workout wear in good shape with stylish separates that we’ve personally put to the test.
- For dreams coming true. PRIMluxe is a passion project we’ve long been dreaming of that finally came to life earlier this month. We’re so grateful that all the hard work we’ve put into it has paid off—not to mention the support we’ve received from you guys, our loyal customers, friends and family. You are the reason we created the subscription box, and we are so happy to deliver your wants and needs each month.
- For our evolution of denim. We do not take which jeans to carry lightly. We pride ourselves in quality denim that doesn’t break the bank, and we’ve found the perfect match for every size and body type with Articles of Society (A.O.S.). It took awhile for us to find the ideal counterpart, but we are also proud to finally introduce a new premium line of denim, Fidelity Denim, which lives up to its price tag with styles you will not want to take off. Meanwhile, we’ve added DL 1961 to our littles’ wardrobe, thanks to eco-conscious, affordable pieces they can wear on-the-grow!
- For YOU! Seriously, all of the dreams that have come true would not be possible without our loyal customers and support system. You inspire us every day and are in every decision we make. We’re so grateful for you, we’re offering extra-special savings this holiday weekend: 30 Days of 30% OFF! Shop with us any day this weekend (Black Friday, Small Business Saturday or Sunday), and receive a special gift with purchase: 30% OFF every purchase thru December 25th.
XO PRIM babes,