What is a Transitional Wardrobe?
Posted on 25 August 2017
Like we’ve mentioned before, although we’re sad to see summer go, a part of us can’t wait to pile on our new fall arrivals. But before you go rotating out your closet, we want to help you make the most out of your summer staples and recent purchases.
You’ve probably heard us mention a great transitional piece, in stores or in many of our recent social media posts. A transitional garment is something you can wear now and later. It helps you transition into the new season. We love reinventing ways to wear summer pieces in the colder months, and we have many fall-ready favorites that can help you shift gears. Here are 10 must-have pieces to carry you into the new season, plus summer-to-fall styling tips:
- Leather Jacket: We’ve already started breaking in our all-new Mauritius jackets—perfect for covering up any outfit, from casual summer dresses to toning down more formal attire. We’ll be getting in four new styles every month for the rest of the year!
- Boots: We’re giddy with our latest shipment of Freebird boots—so good, you’ll definitely need (at least) two pairs, booties and knee-highs. Both are great for making your summer outfits weather appropriate—and now available in both stores! Soon, we’ll also be getting boot styles at a lower pricepoint from Rebels Footwear, our recently-launched shoe line and go-to for summer slip-ons!
- Fidelity Denim: Although we (and our customers!) love our tried-and true AOS, these jeans are a game-changer. You might recognize the brand for its menswear line, available in retailers like Nordstrom, but its women’s diffusion line is only available in select boutiques (which we love!). Made in the U.S.A. with fine Italian fabrics, these luxurious staples are butter-soft and utilize a 4-way stretch. They are more of an investment, but once you try them on you’ll be sold—they’re magic. The latest style boasts a step hem, meaning you can wear them with your aforementioned boots, flats, or anything in between!
- Sweater: We love layering a chunky sweater over our summer dresses or pairing with denim shorts. A neutral open sweater cardi is the perfect PRIM pick because of its versatility, and we’ll help you find a good one!
- Hat: Not just for sun protection, our upcoming hat collection will keep you looking polished in all climates. And let’s be real, it’s always to have some good options on hand for bad hair days!
- Velvet anything: This heavier fabric is hitting stores soon, and perfect for prepping you for colder months. Be on the lookout for PRIM’s Velvet Party! And don’t be fooled: this luxurious fabric in rich shades is not only great for formal occasions—contrast velvet tops with casual boyfriend jeans, or mix with the lightweight layers you’ve been living in this summer, for a balanced, everyday look.
- T-shirt dress: This everyday essential is perfect for changing seasons or bi-polar weather. Pair with a fun fur vest or chunky knit sweater, boots or flats—the outfit options are endless!
- Printed leggings: Whether you’re running a marathon or errands, our latest activewear fuses fashion and function for comfy essentials you can stay in all day long!
- Scarf: Our super-soft beach cover-ups from Mangrove Scarves double as an essential cold-weather accessory (or headband!). Accent any outfit with the colorful wraps (available here).
- Cocktail dress: Now that we’ve added resort wear into the mix, many of our current formal dresses evoke a vacation feel, yet one that works for the upcoming holiday season. Don't underestimate the power of a staple cocktail dress. Not only can you turn to for a formal, party outfit, you can also dress down with cowboy boots and jewelry for a completely different look to help you feel fabulous every day.
Luckily, our latest resort line Foxiedox is almost here—and will make you feel like you’re on holiday every day. Browse the collection here, and place your preorders before the new brand hits stores!
XO PRIM babes,